Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bah Humbucker!

This week has been a humbucker week. I sent out a Neo Rocks P-Bass set to Benford then made another set for Antonella Mazza. I would like to have her system finished by the end of the month. It's taken a lot of strange turns to figure out what to make for her but I finally have all the parts and it's starting to really come together. Then there's a few Obsessions a Bolero and a new hotter humbucker all for Benford. One other humbucker project is the super secret new humbucking P-90s that I'm working on for a new client. If he likes them you will be hearing more about those.

I'm bad about getting more ideas in my head than I can actually get done. I'm conducting a few experiments with some two part rubber molds to try to improve my epoxy work. It's something I have been putting off for too long. I'm getting excited about where this new idea may lead.

There have been a lot of E Mails lately about the "wal" pickup and when it will be ready. Honestly it's on the back burner as I rush to bust out some money making orders. I don't really think many people are going to be all that interested in paying for the "wal"so it's not first on my list of projects to fallow through on. I will get back to that someday but not right now.

Think about this until next week.

Ever wonder what those little switches do on some of the guitars at the store? Well, chances are if you see one it's one of the fallowing tricks they are using. These are a great way to expand the sound of your 4 wire humbucker.

All you need is are some switches and a soldering iron.


No comments: