Sunday, April 20, 2008

Searcy goes acoustic!??!!??


That's right. The pickup man is building an acoustic guitar in his spare time. It's actually not the first one I have built. I made a Martin copy for my dad a few years back. It has turned out to be a good guitar. So lately I have been looking at buying an acoustic to use for some of my own music. The more I thought about it the more I figured I should just make one for myself. Then my buddy Ellie Erickson of Ellie Guitars offered to trade me some great acoustic parts for some custom pickups so I jumped on it.

I'll up date this one from time to time. I also finished the 8 string guitar humbucker this week so I'll be posting a bit about that a little later on this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to write and let you know I really enjoy reading the blob. Please keep posting 'em. Good luck with your build.

Clint Searcy said...

Well thank you Brother Al. And I sure am enjoying this fine Gypsy ABG you built. I might do a little write up about it here someday if that's OK with you.