Sunday, May 25, 2008

Do you feel like I do?

There is a lot going on here at Searcy String Works this summer. Change is in the air and as usual some of that change sucks and some of it is great.

First I would like to use this post to let everyone know that Searcy String Works is closed for business until August. The reason for this is that my wife Alicia is undergoing some much needed neurosurgery next month. Here she is hanging out with Peter Frampton last year.

There will be a long recovery time attached to this procedure and rather than get way behind on my work it's better that I just suspend orders for two months. This will allow me to focus on clearing out the back orders in the shop and helping Alicia heal.

If you already have an order in for Searcy Pickups or a repair don't worry. Your order will be addressed but there will be a delay of several weeks. I'm sorry for the disruptions this may cause anyone but this event was quite unexpected and simply can not be put off any longer. When we return in August you will see some changes to Searcy String Works. Upgrades are already being made in the shop. New designs are being tested and we plan to kick the whole thing off with a new site.

I will be posting news regarding all of these changes right here as I am able.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best to you and Alicia. I'll be thinking about you and hope you will keep us posted. I hope you have some time off built up at work so you can be at home to care for Alicia. Hang in there, and I look forward to hearing good news after the surgery.

Al

Clint Searcy said...

Thanks Al. I'll be taking some time to help Alicia out. Stress levels are a bit high at the moment.