Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My new EllieCaster!

By working out a trade of sorts I finally got my hands on an original EllieCaster guitar from Ellie Erickson! Ellie is truly one of the most interesting people you could ever hope to meet. Her creations, from guitars and mandolins to music and Salsa, are always something different, cool and funky.



The guitar I have is crazy! It's a red ceder body that weighs almost nothing with a killer Birdseye maple top with double binding. The pickups are her own famous home rolled singles. Check out the video clip I did of this guitar to promote the Musical Instrument Makers Forum that Ellie and I both work for. If you're looking to get into instrument building or just to learn more about instruments the MIMF is the place to start.

1 comment:

ellie said...

Hah, that's not a bird or a plane, that's slavaged redwood!
Check out the grain lines in that stuff, it's very old growth two by fours I rescued from a deck I tore down a long time ago. I bet it has a few decades worth of beer, baby barf and Madison grit soaked into it.
Glad you're liking it, Clint. I think it's funny that you're playing a guitar with MY pickups in it for a change.